#biscuitbarrel, announcements, baking challenges, Biscuit Barrel, blogging challenges, Easter baking, Easter candy, food blogging challenges, I'd Much Rather Bake Than, The Biscuit Barrel, The Biscuit Barrel April 2015, using up leftover Easter candy
Well, the “Herb and Flower” theme for March’s Biscuit Barrel seems to have been a bit too ambitious–and I thought I would get to see so many interesting recipes!–as there was only one entry besides my own of Chive-Gruyere Gougeres.
So a big thank-you to Kate of The Gluten-Free Alchemist for rising to the occasion with her lovely St. Clement’s Cakes, gluten-free and make with macadamia blossom honey. A beautiful bake, and such a clever way of meeting the theme.
And now, resolutely leaving my failed theme to the past, I bring you what I hope will be a more successful challenge for April:
Because this is the month of Easter after all, and so candy galore will be in our homes. If you’re the DIY type, this might be a recipe for homemade candy or your attempt to recreate a favourite supermarket staple. For thrifty souls (or, more bluntly, those of us who enthusiastically bought far more chocolate eggs than we could possibly consume), this is a chance to come up with a creative way of using up all the surplus after Easter has come and gone.
I am also excited to announce that entries are now being accepted via the Linky at the bottom of the post, meaning that you no longer have to email your recipes to me. Yay, I’ve graduated to another level of blogging!
Any item that can fit into a biscuit container qualifies for the challenge; I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
- Blog about a recipe that fits with the theme of the month, linking back to The Lass In the Apron and I’d Much Rather Bake Than…
- Include the Biscuit Barrel logo in your post (available above) and add “The Biscuit Barrel” as a tag.
- Enter the URL of your recipe post in the Linky below, along with your name and email.
- The recipe for the challenge can be your own or someone else’s, just be sure to credit or link back to the original author. Images must be your own.
- You are allowed to submit as many recipes as you wish to the challenge. Recipes entered into The Biscuit Barrel may also be submitted to other blog challenges, as long as this is acceptable to the other challenge.
- You can also add old posts if they have been updated to include The Biscuit Barrel logo and appropriate links and tag.
- You do not have to participate every month to join in The Biscuit Barrel.
- If you are on Twitter, please tweet your link to @lassintheapron with the hashtag #biscuitbarrel, and I’ll try to retweet them.
- Entries will be pinned to my Biscuit Barrel Pinterest board.
- If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Now, let’s get busy filling those biscuit jars!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…